1. Read the ScienceMONTGOMERY rules and guidelines and then the Intel International Science & Engineering Fair (ISEF) Rules which apply to your project area. ScienceMONTGOMERY Rules for projects mostly follow those of Intel ISEF. There are some rules specific to ScienceMONTGOMERY, however, which you should read first. Print any forms you will need from these sites. The ISEF Rules Wizard will be helpful in determining which rules apply to your specific project. Some project areas need more forms than others. All students and their parents/guardians MUST sign and date Approval Form 1B before starting any experimentation.
2. Determine in which scientific category your project belongs.
3. If you know that your project involves human subjects, vertebrates, or potentially hazardous biological agents (cultured microorganisms, R-DNA, fresh tissue, blood or body fluids, parasites) you will have rules that apply exclusively to your project. In these cases, your research design must be approved by a Review Committee before you begin your work. This committee may be formed at your school, your laboratory, or you may submit your plan to firstname.lastname@example.org for review. All plans to be reviewed by ScienceMONTGOMERY must be received by December 1. While we will do this review as quickly as possible, it may be as much as a month before you get the results of our review.
4. Log on and register to complete your online registration. The rules for team projects are different than those for individual projects. If you will register a team project, please be sure to read these rules before you start to register. Your email address must be used anytime you re-access this registration page, along with a password which will be emailed to you once you have registered. Once you have filled in all required information (marked by * ), click on [Register]. A screen with all your information, and spaces for you and your parent or guardian to sign, will appear. Print the Registration page, sign it and have your parent sign it. You must turn in this page with the other forms on or before the registration deadline. Note: If you do not receive an email with your password shortly after registering, please check your spam filter before contacting us.
5. After you have registered online, you should complete all the documents required by your project (see Students – Forms). When you have completed your research plan and all forms that are required for your project, send the documents electronically (preferred method) or by mail.
Electronic copies of the documents may be emailed to email@example.com. If submitting electronically, scan documents (completed and with signatures) and save in PDF format.
If you are submitting paperwork by mail, send papers to ScienceMONTGOMERY SRC, 18309 Bluebell Lane, Olney, MD 20832. DO NOT SEND BY CERTIFIED MAIL.
Also mail a $10 per student, non-refundable processing fee to ScienceMONTGOMERY SRC 18309 Bluebell Lane, Olney, MD 20832. Make checks payable to Montgomery Area Science Fair.
Online registration and forms must be submitted before the 8 PM on January 29. 2019 registration deadline. All registration packets must have arrived at this email or mailing address on or before the registration deadline.
6. The ScienceMONTGOMERY Scientific Review Committee will meet after the registration deadline. The results of that review will appear in the SRC Decision Box on your registration page, and may be emailed to you. Not all email addresses (especially those of mcps.net) accept ScienceMontgomery emails. It is the student's responsibility to check their records to review the SRC comments and check if additional materials are requested.
7. All missing requirements requested by the SRC must be received by 8 PM on February 19, 2019. Email requested requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail (DO NOT SEND BY CERTIFIED MAIL) to ScienceMONTGOMERY SRC 18309 Bluebell Lane, Olney, MD 20832 to still participate in the fair. Regretfully, those projects which have not met requirements or followed all safety rules, cannot participate in ScienceMONTGOMERY. This decision, too, will appear in the SRC Decision Box.